Player Speed is a statistic in the game which defines the speed a playable Character can move. Most Characters have a base movement speed of 6, but some have different movement speeds, and some items and environmental effects can affect the player's movement speed. The effect of items and attachments is calculated by applying a multiplier to base movement speed. If a character has perks or disadvantages that affect movement speed (e.g. Wolfgang's different forms, WX-78's SYSTEM OVERLOAD, or Wilbur's different locomotion methods), any external speed modifier will be applied to the current value.
In Don't Starve Together, the speed multiplier is product of all multiplier of equipped items, roads, characters and others.
Character speeds Sửa đổi
|Character Base||Base Movement Speed|
|wimpy form (0.9x )||5.4|
|mighty form (1.25x)||7.5|
|(1.05x up to 1.17x)||6.3 up to 7.02|
|Bloom (1x up to 1.2x)||6 up to 7.2|
|SYSTEM OVERLOAD (+3)||9|
|Ghost character form ()||3.6|
|Wurt walking in marsh tiles (1.3x)|
Character when activating Living Artifact
Objects and foods Sửa đổi
There are some items and foods when equipped, worn, walked or eaten (respectively) give boosters (calculated over base) that increases or reduces speed (have the same effect in all players); some are stack-able.
Note : The effect is calculated in default character values base and is not stacked.
|Thulecite Club||+10%||While equipped|
|Magiluminescense||+20%||8 min (1 day)|
|Lazy Explorer||+25%||While equipped|
|Walking cane||+25%||While equipped|
|Sleek Hat||+25%||3 days|
|Limestone Suit||-10%||While equipped|
|Piggyback||-20%* ( -10%*)||While equipped|
|Marble suit||-30%||While equipped|
|Sticky Webbing||-40%||Walking over|
|Antlion Sinkhole||-70%||Walking over|
|Honey Trail||-60%||Walking over|
|Roasted Coffee Beans||+5||30 seconds|
|Coffee||+5||4 minutes (1/2 day)|
|Tropical Bouillabaisse||+3||30 seconds|
|Purple Grouper||+2||30 seconds|
|Pierrot Fish||+1||30 seconds|
|Tar trap||-65%||Walking over|
|Ink Patch||-70%||Sailing over|
|Quackering Ram||+???||One second after equipping it|
|Tea||+2.5||2 minutes (1/4 day)|
|Iced Tea||+1.6||80 seconds|
|Stalking Stick||+30%||3 days|
|Fog||-40% up to -60%||3 minutes or until rain|
|Sandstorm||-60%||Walking inside it|
|Tin suit||-20%||While equipped|
|Fancy Helmet||-20%||While equipped|
Total paralysis Sửa đổi
There are a few mobs and entities that paralyze players completely, making it impossible to move until the effect is over.
|Blue Hound||Freeze||5 seconds or until death*|
|Ewecus||Mucus spit attack||10 seconds or when freed by a befriended Pigmen or another player|
|Sealnado||Catch tornado attack||5-10 seconds|
|Deerclops||Freeze||5 seconds or until death*|
|Night Hands from travel over world, Adventure mode or chair at chapter 5||Caught||???|
|Screaming of the Moose/Goose ant the Queent womant **||stopped||0.5 seconds|
* The effect of freezing can be accumulated, meaning that the player could easily die to an Ice Hound.
**The efect of queen womant can be avoided using rabbit earmuffs
In the Shipwrecked and Hamlet DLCs, boats were added that can travel through the ocean with various speeds that can also be augmented with attachments.
|Cork Bowl Canoe||4||Yes|
|The Sea Legs||6||No|
Some boats have Sail attachments. When equipped, these grant additional movement speed.
|Thatch Sail||+20%||2 days|
|Snakeskin Sail||+25%||4 days|
|Cloth Sail||+30%||3 days|
|Feather Lite Sail||+40%||2 days|
|Iron Wind||+50%||4 days|
|Trawl Net||starts at 0%, penalty increases by aprox -2.8% for each item caught, up to -25%||Full, or detached manually.|
Others Sửa đổi
There are other ways to modify speed but with very short duration periods. Some ways require certain criteria.
|Waves||Sailing through the same direction increase speed 5, 20 (Encrusted Boat), 25 (Surfboard) sailing against reduces .|
|Big Waves||Only for Walani in surfboard sail in same direction increase speed 35, against other boat or other character reduce.|
|Strong Winds||Walking or sailing same direction increase 40% against reduces 40%.|
|Sail stick||Redirect Strong Winds so they blow in the same direction the player is traveling.|
|Howling conch||Will start Strong Winds lasting for about half a Day.|
|Windbreaker||Prevents the player from being slowed by the wind.|
|Bearger Yawn ()||away stop player , close put to sleep|
- Equipping and unequipping the Quackering Ram grants a large speed boost.
- Using console commands and setting the player's speed very high can make them walk over NPCs and cause a game crash.
- WX-78 with SYSTEM OVERLOAD in a row, or armored boat, with iron wind, a sleek hat, a walking cane, eating roasted coffee beans, and eating tropical bouillabaisse, can gain up to 23 in movement speed.
- Wolfgang in his wimpy form wearing a Marble Suit walking in Antlion Den inside a sandstorm has a speed of 1.0368.
- Despite each character having their own speed on land, when boarding a boat, the character will gain a 6x multiplier to speed.
- Although mobs have two speeds (walking and running) the player character only has one (except Wilbur maybe for the constant consider him another mob).
- The player can change their speed with the console by entering c_speed(value). The value can be between 1 and 40. Above 20, the player character can walk on water. Above 41, the game may crash.
- Walking on lava (using console commands) will cause automatic death.
- Even if the player catches up to the speed of a Dogfish (8) in a boat with a Trawl Net, they will still be unable to capture it.